I have been getting more questions about streamlining IT department operations and finding ways to be more efficient with fewer resources. We have many implementations across the country for automated network account provisioning by synchronizing authoritative data sources to different directory services. Utilizing Tools4ever’s User Management Resource Administrator (UMRA), our consultants bridge the gap between student information systems like Skyward and Active Directory.
School districts often struggle to create and manage user accounts in a timely manner due to lack of resources, data integrity or out-dated scripts. Additionally, when districts rely on third party scripts, they become vulnerable when the author of those scripts departs the district. Suddenly the scripts are unsupported and when the infrastructure changes the scripts break leaving the district in a bind.
UMRA protects the integrity of the district network data by providing easily supported projects files rather than scripts or code. UMRA’s enhanced development environment allows for rapid deployment of identity management systems at a very competitive price point. As school districts look for additional ways to save money they tend to stop hiring and incorporate more automated processes.
Benefits of UMRA for Education:
- Manual IT procedures are automated via student information system connectors;
- Connecting the student information system with various teaching applications, such as Destiny, library system, access system, Live@edu, Google Apps, etc. ;
- User account uniformity;
- Reduced input time by system and application managers through the automated of tasks;
- 100 percent logging of all activities in the domain;
- Enhanced data integrity: the domain is always fully up-to-date and pollution free;
- Complete implementation within a few days for immediate ROI.
Common UMRA Connected Student Information Systems